Friday, July 3, 2009

The Stepping Game


These past few days have been a flurry of small tasks that so easily clog my ability to see the big picture. I leave for Eagle Lake tomorrow morning and there seem to be an annoying amount of details that keep me from the Lord. My prayer today is that God file down my excess thoughts. Yes, I need to make sure I packed my mascara, but Lord, remind me why I need to bring it in the first place.

This trip sets itself apart in the glaringly minute fact that our team has no idea of details. All we know as of now is that we need to get to camp. And eventually we get on a plane. I feel like that one Moses guy...he's got one step to take to get into the Promise Land. One step is all it takes and the destiny of the world will forever be changed. But that first step is a doozy. But some days, especially these days, I don't want any part of that steppin'. Its scary.

Lord, allow our team to let go of our expectations no matter how small. Give us one mind, your mind. Give us courage to go, and to go holding hands with one another. We'll see you on Sunday.


......and we will know what we need to know when we need to know it.


2 comments:

  1. Very well written!!! Praying for you (and it's kind of hard to read the white words on the yellow, just an FYI!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel, there should be a stinkin' cool background so maybe check to see if your browser is up to date...

    ReplyDelete